• Credence Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A cupboard, sideboard, or cabinet, particularly one intended for the display of rich vessels or plate, and consisting chiefly of open shelves for that purpose.
- (n.) Reliance of the mind on evidence of facts derived from other sources than personal knowledge; belief; credit; confidence.
- (n.) The small table by the side of the altar or communion table, on which the bread and wine are placed before being consecrated.
- (n.) That which gives a claim to credit, belief, or confidence; as, a letter of credence.
- (v. t.) To give credence to; to believe.