• Crusading Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Crusade
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a crusade; as, a crusading spirit.
• Crusade Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of the military expeditions undertaken by Christian powers, in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries, for the recovery of the Holy Land from the Mohammedans.
- (n.) A Portuguese coin. See Crusado.
- (n.) Any enterprise undertaken with zeal and enthusiasm; as, a crusade against intemperance.
- (v. i.) To engage in a crusade; to attack in a zealous or hot-headed manner.