• Dactyl Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A finger or toe; a digit.
- (n.) The claw or terminal joint of a leg of an insect or crustacean.
- (n.) A poetical foot of three sylables (-- ~ ~), one long followed by two short, or one accented followed by two unaccented; as, L. tegm/n/, E. mer\b6ciful; -- so called from the similarity of its arrangement to that of the joints of a finger.
• Dactylioglyphi Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The art or process of gem engraving.
• Dactylopterous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the inferior rays of the pectoral fins partially or entirely free, as in the gurnards.