• Deed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Dead.
- (v. t.) That which is done or effected by a responsible agent; an act; an action; a thing done; -- a word of extensive application, including, whatever is done, good or bad, great or small.
- (v. t.) To convey or transfer by deed; as, he deeded all his estate to his eldest son.
- (v. t.) Fact; reality; -- whence we have indeed.
- (v. t.) Performance; -- followed by of.
- (v. t.) Power of action; agency; efficiency.
- (v. t.) A sealed instrument in writing, on paper or parchment, duly executed and delivered, containing some transfer, bargain, or contract.
- (v. t.) Illustrious act; achievement; exploit.
• Deed poll Definition & Synonyms
- () A deed of one part, or executed by only one party, and distinguished from an indenture by having the edge of the parchment or paper cut even, or polled as it was anciently termed, instead of being indented.
• Deedless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Not performing, or not having performed, deeds or exploits; inactive.
• Deedful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Full of deeds or exploits; active; stirring.