• Denomination Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That by which anything is denominated or styled; an epithet; a name, designation, or title; especially, a general name indicating a class of like individuals; a category; as, the denomination of units, or of thousands, or of fourths, or of shillings, or of tons.
- (n.) A class, or society of individuals, called by the same name; a sect; as, a denomination of Christians.
- (n.) The act of naming or designating.
• Denominational Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to a denomination, especially to a sect or society.
• Denominationalism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A denominational or class spirit or policy; devotion to the interests of a sect or denomination.