• Denying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Deny
• Deny Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To refuse to grant; to withhold; to refuse to gratify or yield to; as, to deny a request.
- (v. i.) To answer in /// negative; to declare an assertion not to be true.
- (v. t.) To declare not to be true; to gainsay; to contradict; -- opposed to affirm, allow, or admit.
- (v. t.) To refuse (to do something or to accept something); to reject; to decline; to renounce.
- (v. t.) To disclaim connection with, responsibility for, and the like; to refuse to acknowledge; to disown; to abjure; to disavow.
• Denyingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In the manner of one denies a request.