• Describe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To distribute into parts, groups, or classes; to mark off; to class.
- (v. t.) To represent by words written or spoken; to give an account of; to make known to others by words or signs; as, the geographer describes countries and cities.
- (v. i.) To use the faculty of describing; to give a description; as, Milton describes with uncommon force and beauty.
- (v. t.) To represent by drawing; to draw a plan of; to delineate; to trace or mark out; as, to describe a circle by the compasses; a torch waved about the head in such a way as to describe a circle.
• Described Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Describe
• Describer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who describes.