• Detector Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, detects; a detecter.
- (n.) Any of various devices for detecting the presence of electric waves.
- (n.) An indicator showing the depth of the water in a boiler.
- (n.) A galvanometer, usually portable, for indicating the direction of a current.
• Detector bar Definition & Synonyms
- () A bar, connected with a switch, longer than the distance between any two consecutive wheels of a train (45 to 50 feet), laid inside a rail and operated by the wheels so that the switch cannot be thrown until all the train is past the switch.