• Elevated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Elevate
- (a.) Uplifted; high; lofty; also, animated; noble; as, elevated thoughts.
• Elevate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To raise from a depressed state; to animate; to cheer; as, to elevate the spirits.
- (v. t.) To bring from a lower place to a higher; to lift up; to raise; as, to elevate a weight, a flagstaff, etc.
- (v. t.) To exalt; to ennoble; to dignify; as, to elevate the mind or character.
- (v. t.) To lessen; to detract from; to disparage.
- (v. t.) To intoxicate in a slight degree; to render tipsy.
- (v. t.) To raise to a higher pitch, or to a greater degree of loudness; -- said of sounds; as, to elevate the voice.
- (a.) Elevated; raised aloft.
- (v. t.) To raise to a higher station; to promote; as, to elevate to an office, or to a high social position.
• Elevatedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being elevated.