• Employ Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To occupy; as, to employ time in study.
- (v. t.) To inclose; to infold.
- (n.) That which engages or occupies a person; fixed or regular service or business; employment.
- (v. t.) To use; to have in service; to cause to be engaged in doing something; -- often followed by in, about, on, or upon, and sometimes by to; as: (a) To make use of, as an instrument, a means, a material, etc., for a specific purpose; to apply; as, to employ the pen in writing, bricks in building, words and phrases in speaking; to employ the mind; to employ ones energies.
- (v. t.) To have or keep at work; to give employment or occupation to; to intrust with some duty or behest; as, to employ a hundred workmen; to employ an envoy.
• Employe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One employed by another; a clerk or workman in the service of an employer.
• Employee Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One employed by another.