• Encamp Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To form and occupy a camp; to prepare and settle in temporary habitations, as tents or huts; to halt on a march, pitch tents, or form huts, and remain for the night or for a longer time, as an army or a company traveling.
- (v. t.) To form into a camp; to place in a temporary habitation, or quarters.
• Encamping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Encamp
• Encampment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of pitching tents or forming huts, as by an army or traveling company, for temporary lodging or rest.
- (n.) The place where an army or a company is encamped; a camp; tents pitched or huts erected for temporary lodgings.