• Equalize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make equal; to cause to correspond, or be like, in amount or degree as compared; as, to equalize accounts, burdens, or taxes.
- (v. t.) To pronounce equal; to compare as equal.
- (v. t.) To be equal to; equal; to match.
• Equalizer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, equalizes anything.
- (n.) A device, as a bar, for operating two brakes, esp. a pair of hub brakes for an automobile, with equal force.
- (n.) Any device for equalizing the pull of electromagnets; also, a conductor of low resistance joining the armature ends of the series field coils of dynamos connected in parallel.
- (n.) = Equalizing bar.
- (n.) A sliding panel to preserve the lateral stability of an aeroplane.