• Erect Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Elevated, as the tips of wings, heads of serpents, etc.
- (v. i.) To rise upright.
- (a.) Watchful; alert.
- (v. t.) To set up or establish; to found; to form; to institute.
- (v. t.) To animate; to encourage; to cheer.
- (v. t.) To lift up; to elevate; to exalt; to magnify.
- (v. t.) To raise and place in an upright or perpendicular position; to set upright; to raise; as, to erect a pole, a flagstaff, a monument, etc.
- (v. t.) To set up as an assertion or consequence from premises, or the like.
- (a.) Upright, or having a vertical position; not inverted; not leaning or bent; not prone; as, to stand erect.
- (v. t.) To raise, as a building; to build; to construct; as, to erect a house or a fort; to set up; to put together the component parts of, as of a machine.
- (a.) Bold; confident; free from depression; undismayed.
- (a.) Standing upright, with reference to the earths surface, or to the surface to which it is attached.
- (a.) Directed upward; raised; uplifted.
• Erecting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Erect
• Erectile Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being erected; susceptible of being erected of dilated.