• Escort Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Protection, care, or safeguard on a journey or excursion; as, to travel under the escort of a friend.
- (n.) A body of armed men to attend a person of distinction for the sake of affording safety when on a journey; one who conducts some one as an attendant; a guard, as of prisoners on a march; also, a body of persons, attending as a mark of respect or honor; -- applied to movements on land, as convoy is to movements at sea.
- (n.) To attend with a view to guard and protect; to accompany as safeguard; to give honorable or ceremonious attendance to; -- used esp. with reference to journeys or excursions on land; as, to escort a public functionary, or a lady; to escort a baggage wagon.
• Escorting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Escort