• Faithed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having faith or a faith; honest; sincere.
• Faith Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Credibility or truth.
- (n.) The belief in the facts and truth of the Scriptures, with a practical love of them; especially, that confiding and affectionate belief in the person and work of Christ, which affects the character and life, and makes a man a true Christian, -- called a practical, evangelical, or saving faith.
- (n.) Fidelity to ones promises, or allegiance to duty, or to a person honored and beloved; loyalty.
- (n.) Belief; the assent of the mind to the truth of what is declared by another, resting solely and implicitly on his authority and veracity; reliance on testimony.
- (interj.) By my faith; in truth; verily.
- (n.) The belief in the historic truthfulness of the Scripture narrative, and the supernatural origin of its teachings, sometimes called historical and speculative faith.
- (n.) The assent of the mind to the statement or proposition of another, on the ground of the manifest truth of what he utters; firm and earnest belief, on probable evidence of any kind, especially in regard to important moral truth.
- (n.) Word or honor pledged; promise given; fidelity; as, he violated his faith.
- (n.) That which is believed on any subject, whether in science, politics, or religion; especially (Theol.), a system of religious belief of any kind; as, the Jewish or Mohammedan faith; and especially, the system of truth taught by Christ; as, the Christian faith; also, the creed or belief of a Christian society or church.