• Fellow Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person; an individual.
- (n.) In the English universities, a scholar who is appointed to a foundation called a fellowship, which gives a title to certain perquisites and privileges.
- (n.) An equal in power, rank, character, etc.
- (n.) One of a pair, or of two things used together or suited to each other; a mate; the male.
- (v. t.) To suit with; to pair with; to match.
- (n.) A man without good breeding or worth; an ignoble or mean man.
- (n.) A companion; a comrade; an associate; a partner; a sharer.
- (n.) A member of a literary or scientific society; as, a Fellow of the Royal Society.
- (n.) In an American college or university, a member of the corporation which manages its business interests; also, a graduate appointed to a fellowship, who receives the income of the foundation.
• Fellow-commoner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A student at Cambridge University, England, who commons, or dines, at the Fellows table.
• Fellow-feeling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Joint interest.
- (n.) Sympathy; a like feeling.