• Flounce Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To deck with a flounce or flounces; as, to flounce a petticoat or a frock.
- (v. i.) To throw the limbs and body one way and the other; to spring, turn, or twist with sudden effort or violence; to struggle, as a horse in mire; to flounder; to throw ones self with a jerk or spasm, often as in displeasure.
- (n.) The act of floucing; a sudden, jerking motion of the body.
- (n.) An ornamental appendage to the skirt of a womans dress, consisting of a strip gathered and sewed on by its upper edge around the skirt, and left hanging.
• Flounced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Flounce