• Flyer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Anything that is scattered abroad in great numbers as a theatrical programme, an advertising leaf, etc.
- (n.) The pair of arms attached to the spindle of a spinning frame, over which the thread passes to the bobbin; -- so called from their swift revolution. See Fly, n., 11.
- (n.) The fan wheel that rotates the cap of a windmill as the wind veers.
- (n.) One that uses wings.
- (n.) A small operation not involving ? considerable part of ones capital, or not in the line of ones ordinary business; a venture.
- (n.) One in a flight of steps which are parallel to each other(as in ordinary stairs), as distinguished from a winder.
- (n.) The fly of a flag: See Fly, n., 6.