• Forgiving Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Disposed to forgive; inclined to overlook offenses; mild; merciful; compassionate; placable; as, a forgiving temper.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Forgive
• Forgive Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To give wholly; to make over without reservation; to resign.
- (v. t.) To give up resentment or claim to requital on account of (an offense or wrong); to remit the penalty of; to pardon; -- said in reference to the act forgiven.
- (v. t.) To cease to feel resentment against, on account of wrong committed; to give up claim to requital from or retribution upon (an offender); to absolve; to pardon; -- said of the person offending.