• Fort Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A strong or fortified place; usually, a small fortified place, occupied only by troops, surrounded with a ditch, rampart, and parapet, or with palisades, stockades, or other means of defense; a fortification.
• Fortuity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Accident; chance; casualty.
• Fortieth Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Constituting one of forty equal parts into which anything is divided.
- (a.) Following the thirty-ninth, or preceded by thirty-nine units, things, or parts.
- (n.) One of forty equal parts into which one whole is divided; the quotient of a unit divided by forty; one next in order after the thirty-ninth.