• Fresh Definition & Synonyms
- (superl) New; original; additional.
- (superl) Not salt; as, fresh water, in distinction from that which is from the sea, or brackish; fresh meat, in distinction from that which is pickled or salted.
- (superl) In a raw, green, or untried state; uncultivated; uncultured; unpracticed; as, a fresh hand on a ship.
- (n.) A stream or spring of fresh water.
- (n.) A flood; a freshet.
- (superl) Youthful; florid; as, these fresh nymphs.
- (n.) The mingling of fresh water with salt in rivers or bays, as by means of a flood of fresh water flowing toward or into the sea.
- (superl) Renewed in vigor, alacrity, or readiness for action; as, fresh for a combat; hence, tending to renew in vigor; rather strong; cool or brisk; as, a fresh wind.
- (v. t.) To refresh; to freshen.
- (superl) Lately produced, gathered, or prepared for market; not stale; not dried or preserved; not wilted, faded, or tainted; in good condition; as, fresh vegetables, flowers, eggs, meat, fruit, etc.; recently made or obtained; occurring again; repeated; as, a fresh supply of goods; fresh tea, raisins, etc.; lately come or made public; as, fresh news; recently taken from a well or spring; as, fresh water.
- (superl) Possessed of original life and vigor; new and strong; unimpaired; sound.
• Freshment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Refreshment.
• Freshman Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) novice; one in the rudiments of knowledge; especially, a student during his fist year in a college or university.