• Glad Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be glad; to rejoice.
- (superl.) Wearing a gay or bright appearance; expressing or exciting joy; producing gladness; exhilarating.
- (v. t.) To make glad; to cheer; to gladden; to exhilarate.
- (superl.) Pleased; joyous; happy; cheerful; gratified; -- opposed to sorry, sorrowful, or unhappy; -- said of persons, and often followed by of, at, that, or by the infinitive, and sometimes by with, introducing the cause or reason.
• Gladden Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make glad; to cheer; to please; to gratify; to rejoice; to exhilarate.
- (v. i.) To be or become glad; to rejoice.
• Gladiatorism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The art or practice of a gladiator.
• Gladstone Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A four-wheeled pleasure carriage with two inside seats, calash top, and seats for driver and footman.