• Grade Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To reduce to a level, or to an evenly progressive ascent, as the line of a canal or road.
- (n.) A graded ascending, descending, or level portion of a road; a gradient.
- (n.) The result of crossing a native stock with some better breed. If the crossbreed have more than three fourths of the better blood, it is called high grade.
- (v. t.) To cross with some better breed; to improve the blood of.
- (n.) The rate of ascent or descent; gradient; deviation from a level surface to an inclined plane; -- usually stated as so many feet per mile, or as one foot rise or fall in so many of horizontal distance; as, a heavy grade; a grade of twenty feet per mile, or of 1 in 264.
- (n.) A step or degree in any series, rank, quality, order; relative position or standing; as, grades of military rank; crimes of every grade; grades of flour.
- (v. t.) To arrange in order, steps, or degrees, according to size, quality, rank, etc.
- (n.) A harsh scraping or cutting; a grating.
• Gradely Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Decent; orderly.
- (adv.) Decently; in order.
• Graded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Grade