• Grass Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To expose, as flax, on the grass for bleaching, etc.
- (n.) Metaphorically used for what is transitory.
- (n.) Popularly: Herbage; the plants which constitute the food of cattle and other beasts; pasture.
- (n.) The season of fresh grass; spring.
- (v. i.) To produce grass.
- (n.) An endogenous plant having simple leaves, a stem generally jointed and tubular, the husks or glumes in pairs, and the seed single.
- (v. t.) To bring to the grass or ground; to land; as, to grass a fish.
- (v. t.) To cover with grass or with turf.
• Grass tree Definition & Synonyms
- () An Australian plant of the genus Xanthorrhoea, having a thick trunk crowned with a dense tuft of pendulous, grasslike leaves, from the center of which arises a long stem, bearing at its summit a dense flower spike looking somewhat like a large cat-tail. These plants are often called "blackboys" from the large trunks denuded and blackened by fire. They yield two kinds of fragrant resin, called Botany-bay gum, and Gum Acaroides.
- () A similar Australian plant (Kingia australis).
• Grass-green Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Green with grass.
- (a.) Of the color of grass; clear and vivid green.