• Grind Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To perform the operation of grinding something; to turn the millstones.
- (v. i.) To perform hard aud distasteful service; to drudge; to study hard, as for an examination.
- (v. t.) To oppress by severe exactions; to harass.
- (v. i.) To become ground or pulverized by friction; as, this corn grinds well.
- (v. t.) To wear down, polish, or sharpen, by friction; to make smooth, sharp, or pointed; to whet, as a knife or drill; to rub against one another, as teeth, etc.
- (v. i.) To become polished or sharpened by friction; as, glass grinds smooth; steel grinds to a sharp edge.
- (n.) The act of reducing to powder, or of sharpening, by friction.
- (v. t.) To study hard for examination.
- (n.) A hard student; a dig.
- (v. t.) To reduce to powder by friction, as in a mill, or with the teeth; to crush into small fragments; to produce as by the action of millstones.
- (n.) Any severe continuous work or occupation; esp., hard and uninteresting study.
- (v. i.) To move with much difficulty or friction; to grate.
• Grin Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To show the teeth, as a dog; to snarl.
- (v. i.) To set the teeth together and open the lips, or to open the mouth and withdraw the lips from the teeth, so as to show them, as in laughter, scorn, or pain.
- (n.) The act of closing the teeth and showing them, or of withdrawing the lips and showing the teeth; a hard, forced, or sneering smile.
- (n.) A snare; a gin.
- (v. t.) To express by grinning.
• Grinded Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p.) Ground.