• Guild Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) An association of men belonging to the same class, or engaged in kindred pursuits, formed for mutual aid and protection; a business fraternity or corporation; as, the Stationers Guild; the Ironmongers Guild. They were originally licensed by the government, and endowed with special privileges and authority.
- (v. t.) A guildhall.
- (v. t.) A religious association or society, organized for charitable purposes or for assistance in parish work.
• Guildhall Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The hall where a guild or corporation usually assembles; a townhall.
• Guilder Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A Dutch silver coin worth about forty cents; -- called also florin and gulden.