• Hardening Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Making hard or harder.
- (n.) That which hardens, as a material used for converting the surface of iron into steel.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Harden
• Harden Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make hard or harder; to make firm or compact; to indurate; as, to harden clay or iron.
- (v. t.) To accustom by labor or suffering to endure with constancy; to strengthen; to stiffen; to inure; also, to confirm in wickedness or shame; to make unimpressionable.
- (v. i.) To become hard or harder; to acquire solidity, or more compactness; as, mortar hardens by drying.
- (v. i.) To become confirmed or strengthened, in either a good or a bad sense.