Set Meaning in Urdu
Set meaning in English to Urdu is رکھنا (Rakhnaa). Set synonym words are included Adjust, Arrange, Band, Bent, Circle, Coif, Coiffure, Congeal, Countersink, Determine, Determined, Dictated, Do, Dress, Fit, Fix, Fixed, Fructify, Hardened, Hardening, Jell, Laid, Lay, Limit, Localize, Located, Lot, Mark, Place, Placed, Plant, Pose, Position, Prepare, Primed, Put, Readiness, Ready, Regulate, Rig, Rigid, Sic, Situated, Solidification, Solidifying, Specify. Similar words of Set are also commonly used in daily talk like as Set off, Set up , and Settee.
- A september set more than half a century ago;.
- All the political leaders were being set free.
- And he set out for alais a town in the silk district.
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
Set Definition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A stone, commonly of granite, shaped like a short brick and usually somewhat larger than one, used for street paving. Commonly written sett.
- (n.) Any of various standards of measurement of the fineness of cloth; specif., the number of reeds in one inch and the number of threads in each reed. The exact meaning varies according to the location where it is used. Sometimes written sett.
- (n.) The manner, state, or quality of setting or fitting; fit; as, the set of a coat.
- (n.) Camber of a curved roofing tile.
- (v. i.) To be fixed for growth; to strike root; to begin to germinate or form; as, cuttings set well; the fruit has set well (i. e., not blasted in the blossom).
- (n.) A young plant for growth; as, a set of white thorn.
- (n.) Direction or course; as, the set of the wind, or of a current.
- (v. t.) To fix beforehand; to determine; hence, to make unyielding or obstinate; to render stiff, unpliant, or rigid; as, to set ones countenance.
- (v. t.) To reduce from a dislocated or fractured state; to replace; as, to set a broken bone.
- (v. t.) To render stiff or solid; especially, to convert into curd; to curdle; as, to set milk for cheese.
- (v. t.) To give a pitch to, as a tune; to start by fixing the keynote; as, to set a psalm.
- (v. t.) To put in order in a particular manner; to prepare; as, to set (that is, to hone) a razor; to set a saw.
- (n.) A short steel spike used for driving the head of a nail below the surface.
- (v. t.) To lower into place and fix solidly, as the blocks of cut stone in a structure.
- (v. t.) To make to agree with some standard; as, to set a watch or a clock.
- (n.) A young oyster when first attached.
- (v. i.) To pass below the horizon; to go down; to decline; to sink out of sight; to come to an end.
- (v. t.) To point out the seat or position of, as birds, or other game; -- said of hunting dogs.
- (v. i.) To have a certain direction in motion; to flow; to move on; to tend; as, the current sets to the north; the tide sets to the windward.
- (v. t.) To fit with music; to adapt, as words to notes; to prepare for singing.
- (a.) Adjusted; arranged; formed; adapted.
- (v. t.) To extend and bring into position; to spread; as, to set the sails of a ship.
- (v. i.) To fit music to words.
- (n.) The act of setting, as of the sun or other heavenly body; descent; hence, the close; termination.
- (n.) The deflection of a tooth, or of the teeth, of a saw, which causes the the saw to cut a kerf, or make an opening, wider than the blade.
- (n.) Permanent change of figure in consequence of excessive strain, as from compression, tension, bending, twisting, etc.; as, the set of a spring.
- (v. t.) To fix in the ground, as a post or a tree; to plant; as, to set pear trees in an orchard.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Set
- (n.) That which is staked; a wager; a venture; a stake; hence, a game at venture.
- (v. t.) To adorn with something infixed or affixed; to stud; to variegate with objects placed here and there.
- (v. t.) To determine; to appoint; to assign; to fix; as, to set a time for a meeting; to set a price on a horse.
- (v. i.) To indicate the position of game; -- said of a dog; as, the dog sets well; also, to hunt game by the aid of a setter.
- (v. t.) To fix, as a precious stone, in a border of metal; to place in a setting; hence, to place in or amid something which serves as a setting; as, to set glass in a sash.
- (v. t.) To compose; to arrange in words, lines, etc.; as, to set type; to set a page.
- (v. i.) To become fixed or rigid; to be fastened.
- (a.) Regular; uniform; formal; as, a set discourse; a set battle.
- (v. t.) To make to assume specified place, condition, or occupation; to put in a certain condition or state (described by the accompanying words); to cause to be.
- (n.) Collectively, the crop of young oysters in any locality.
- (v. t.) To fix firmly; to make fast, permanent, or stable; to render motionless; to give an unchanging place, form, or condition to.
- (n.) A number of things of the same kind, ordinarily used or classed together; a collection of articles which naturally complement each other, and usually go together; an assortment; a suit; as, a set of chairs, of china, of surgical or mathematical instruments, of books, etc.
- (v. t.) To put into a desired position or condition; to adjust; to regulate; to adapt.
- (v. t.) To establish as a rule; to furnish; to prescribe; to assign; as, to set an example; to set lessons to be learned.
- (v. i.) To place plants or shoots in the ground; to plant.
- (a.) Established; prescribed; as, set forms of prayer.
- (n.) A series of as many games as may be necessary to enable one side to win six. If at the end of the tenth game the score is a tie, the set is usually called a deuce set, and decided by an application of the rules for playing off deuce in a game. See Deuce.
- (v. i.) To apply ones self; to undertake earnestly; -- now followed by out.
- (n.) A piece placed temporarily upon the head of a pile when the latter cannot be reached by the weight, or hammer, except by means of such an intervening piece.
- (n.) That dimension of the body of a type called by printers the width.
- (v. t.) To cause to stop or stick; to obstruct; to fasten to a spot; hence, to occasion difficulty to; to embarrass; as, to set a coach in the mud.
- (v. i.) To fit or suit one; to sit; as, the coat sets well.
- (n.) In dancing, the number of persons necessary to execute a quadrille; also, the series of figures or movements executed.
- (v. t.) Hence, to attach or affix (something) to something else, or in or upon a certain place.
- (v. t.) To stake at play; to wager; to risk.
- (n.) That which is set, placed, or fixed.
- (a.) Firm; unchanging; obstinate; as, set opinions or prejudices.
- (n.) A number of persons associated by custom, office, common opinion, quality, or the like; a division; a group; a clique.
- (v. i.) To congeal; to concrete; to solidify.
- (n.) A kind of punch used for bending, indenting, or giving shape to, metal; as, a saw set.
- (v. t.) To suit; to become; as, it sets him ill.
- (v. t.) To value; to rate; -- with at.
- (a.) Fixed in position; immovable; rigid; as, a set line; a set countenance.
- (v. t.) To cause to sit; to make to assume a specified position or attitude; to give site or place to; to place; to put; to fix; as, to set a house on a stone foundation; to set a book on a shelf; to set a dish on a table; to set a chest or trunk on its bottom or on end.
- (v. i.) To begin to move; to go out or forth; to start; -- now followed by out.
Set Urdu Meaning with Definition
Set is an English word that is used in many sentences in different contexts. Set meaning in Urdu is a رکھنا - Rakhnaa. Set word is driven by the English language. Set word meaning in English is well described here in English as well as in Urdu. You can use this amazing English to Urdu dictionary online to check the meaning of other words too as the word Set meaning.
Finding the exact meaning of any word online is a little tricky. There is more than 1 meaning of each word. However the meaning of Set stated above is reliable and authentic. It can be used in various sentences and Set word synonyms are also given on this page. Dictionary is a helpful tool for everyone who wants to learn a new word or wants to find the meaning. This English to Urdu dictionary online is easy to use and carry in your pocket. Similar to the meaning of Set, you can check other words' meanings as well by searching it online.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Set Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary