Hold Meaning in Urdu
Hold translation is "Giraft" and Hold synonym words Accommodate, Adjudge, Admit, Agree and Apply.
Similar words of Hold are also commonly used in daily talk like as Hold Up, Hold Good and Holder. Pronunciation roman Urdu is "Giraft" and Translation of Hold in Urdu writing script is گرفت.
- • Even then he had to hold his nose to drink it.
- • First of all guerilla bands must hold up the greeks,.
- • Hold your tongue.
لفظ کا تعلق انگریزی زبان سے ہے جس کے معنی ''گرفت'' کے ہیں۔ اس صفحے پر آپ اس لفظ سے متعلق تمام اہم معلومات حاصل کرسکتے ہیں جن میں ترجمہ، ہم معنی الفاظ اور تلفُظ شامل ہیں۔
• Hold Definition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A place of confinement; a prison; confinement; custody; guard.
- (n. i.) To derive right or title; -- generally with of.
- (v. t.) To prosecute, have, take, or join in, as something which is the result of united action; as to, hold a meeting, a festival, a session, etc.; hence, to direct and bring about officially; to conduct or preside at; as, the general held a council of war; a judge holds a court; a clergyman holds a service.
- (v. t.) To have; to possess; to be in possession of; to occupy; to derive title to; as, to hold office.
- (n. i.) Not to more; to halt; to stop;-mostly in the imperative.
- (v. t.) To cause to remain in a given situation, position, or relation, within certain limits, or the like; to prevent from falling or escaping; to sustain; to restrain; to keep in the grasp; to retain.
- (n. i.) In general, to keep ones self in a given position or condition; to remain fixed. Hence:
- (n.) The authority or ground to take or keep; claim.
- (v. t.) To bear, carry, or manage; as he holds himself erect; he holds his head high.
- (n.) A place of security; a fortified place; a fort; a castle; -- often called a stronghold.
- (n.) Something that may be grasped; means of support.
- (n.) The whole interior portion of a vessel below the lower deck, in which the cargo is stowed.
- (v. t.) To maintain in being or action; to carry on; to prosecute, as a course of conduct or an argument; to continue; to sustain.
- (n. i.) Not to give way; not to part or become separated; to remain unbroken or unsubdued.
- (v. t.) To receive and retain; to contain as a vessel; as, this pail holds milk; hence, to be able to receive and retain; to have capacity or containing power for.
- (n. i.) Not to fall away, desert, or prove recreant; to remain attached; to cleave;-often with with, to, or for.
- (n.) Binding power and influence.
- (n.) A character [thus /] placed over or under a note or rest, and indicating that it is to be prolonged; -- called also pause, and corona.
- (v. t.) To retain in ones keeping; to maintain possession of, or authority over; not to give up or relinquish; to keep; to defend.
- (n. i.) Not to fail or be found wanting; to continue; to last; to endure a test or trial; to abide; to persist.
- (v. t.) To accept, as an opinion; to be the adherent of, openly or privately; to persist in, as a purpose; to maintain; to sustain.
- (v. t.) To consider; to regard; to esteem; to account; to think; to judge.
- (n.) The act of holding, as in or with the hands or arms; the manner of holding, whether firm or loose; seizure; grasp; clasp; gripe; possession; -- often used with the verbs take and lay.
- (v. t.) To impose restraint upon; to limit in motion or action; to bind legally or morally; to confine; to restrain.
- (n. i.) To restrain ones self; to refrain.
Hold Urdu Meaning with Definition
is an English language word that is well described on this page with all the important details i.e
word synonyms, and its similar words.
meaning in Urdu is
word meaning in roman can write as
Giraft. There are several meanings of the
word and it can be used in different situations with a combination of other words as well.
meaning is also available in other languages as well as you can also check the spelling of word
Hold. With the help of this platform, learn the appropriate use of the
in a sentence.
کو انگلش میں کیا کہتے ہیں؟
آج میری دعوت ہے
Aaj Meri Dawat Hai
کو انگلش میں کیا کہتے ہیں؟
Check Out More Word Meaning in Urdu
Hold Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary