• Hoveling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A method of securing a good draught in chimneys by covering the top, leaving openings in the sides, or by carrying up two of the sides higher than the other two.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hovel
• Hovel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A poor cottage; a small, mean house; a hut.
- (n.) An open shed for sheltering cattle, or protecting produce, etc., from the weather.
- (n.) A large conical brick structure around which the firing kilns are grouped.
- (v. t.) To put in a hovel; to shelter.