• Hundred Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The product of ten mulitplied by ten, or the number of ten times ten; a collection or sum, consisting of ten times ten units or objects; five score. Also, a symbol representing one hundred units, as 100 or C.
- (a.) Ten times ten; five score; as, a hundred dollars.
- (n.) A division of a country in England, supposed to have originally contained a hundred families, or freemen.
• Hundredth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of a hundred equal parts into which one whole is, or may be, divided; the quotient of a unit divided by a hundred.
- (a.) Coming last of a hundred successive individuals or units.
- (a.) Forming one of a hundred equal parts into which anything is divided; the tenth of a tenth.
• Hundredweight Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A denomination of weight, containing 100, 112, or 120 pounds avoirdupois, according to differing laws or customs. By the legal standard of England it is 112 pounds. In most of the United States, both in practice and by law, it is 100 pounds avoirdupois, the corresponding ton of 2,000 pounds, sometimes called the short ton, being the legal ton.
• Hundreder Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person competent to serve on a jury, in an action for land in the hundred to which he belongs.
- (n.) An inhabitant or freeholder of a hundred.
- (n.) One who has the jurisdiction of a hundred; and sometimes, a bailiff of a hundred.