• Idealism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Conception of the ideal; imagery.
- (n.) The quality or state of being ideal.
- (n.) The system or theory that denies the existence of material bodies, and teaches that we have no rational grounds to believe in the reality of anything but ideas and their relations.
- (n.) The practice or habit of giving or attributing ideal form or character to things; treatment of things in art or literature according to ideal standards or patterns; -- opposed to realism.