• Imposition Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or process of imosing pages or columns of type. See Impose, v. t., 4.
- (n.) The act of laying on the hands as a religious ceremoy, in ordination, confirmation, etc.
- (n.) An excessive, arbitrary, or unlawful exaction; hence, a trick or deception put on laid on others; cheating; fraud; delusion; imposture.
- (n.) The act of imposing, laying on, affixing, enjoining, inflicting, obtruding, and the like.
- (n.) That which is imposed, levied, or enjoined; charge; burden; injunction; tax.
- (n.) An extra exercise enjoined on students as a punishment.