• Incentive Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which moves or influences the mind, or operates on the passions; that which incites, or has a tendency to incite, to determination or action; that which prompts to good or ill; motive; spur; as, the love of money, and the desire of promotion, are two powerful incentives to action.
- (a.) Inciting; encouraging or moving; rousing to action; stimulative.
- (a.) Serving to kindle or set on fire.
• Incentively Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Incitingly; encouragingly.