• Indentation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A notch or recess, in the margin or border of anything; as, the indentations of a leaf, of the coast, etc.
- (n.) A recess or sharp depression in any surface.
- (n.) The act of indenting or state of being indented.
- (n.) The measure of the distance; as, an indentation of one em, or of two ems.
- (n.) The act of beginning a line or series of lines at a little distance within the flush line of the column or page, as in the common way of beginning the first line of a paragraph.