• Induce Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To lead in; to introduce.
- (v. t.) To draw on; to overspread.
- (v. t.) To lead on; to influence; to prevail on; to incite; to move by persuasion or influence.
- (v. t.) To produce, or cause, by proximity without contact or transmission, as a particular electric or magnetic condition in a body, by the approach of another body in an opposite electric or magnetic state.
- (v. t.) To bring on; to effect; to cause; as, a fever induced by fatigue or exposure.
- (v. t.) To generalize or conclude as an inference from all the particulars; -- the opposite of deduce.
• Inducement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which induces; a motive or consideration that leads one to action or induces one to act; as, reward is an inducement to toil.
- (n.) The act of inducing, or the state of being induced.
- (n.) Matter stated by way of explanatory preamble or introduction to the main allegations of a pleading; a leading to.
• Induced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Induce