• Infected Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Infect
• Infect Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To communicate to or affect with, as qualities or emotions, esp. bad qualities; to corrupt; to contaminate; to taint by the communication of anything noxious or pernicious.
- (v. t.) To affect with infectious disease; to communicate infection to; as, infected with the plague.
- (v. t.) To taint with morbid matter or any pestilential or noxious substance or effluvium by which disease is produced; as, to infect a lancet; to infect an apartment.
- (v. t.) To contaminate with illegality or to expose to penalty.
- (v. t.) Infected. Cf. Enfect.