• Inflict Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To give, cause, or produce by striking, or as if by striking; to apply forcibly; to lay or impose; to send; to cause to bear, feel, or suffer; as, to inflict blows; to inflict a wound with a dagger; to inflict severe pain by ingratitude; to inflict punishment on an offender; to inflict the penalty of death on a criminal.
• Inflicted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Inflict
• Infliction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is inflicted or imposed, as punishment, disgrace, calamity, etc.
- (n.) The act of inflicting or imposing; as, the infliction of torment, or of punishment.