• Insinuate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To introduce artfully; to infuse gently; to instill.
- (v. t.) To hint; to suggest by remote allusion; -- often used derogatorily; as, did you mean to insinuate anything?
- (v. i.) To ingratiate ones self; to obtain access or favor by flattery or cunning.
- (v. t.) To introduce gently or slowly, as by a winding or narrow passage, or a gentle, persistent movement.
- (v. t.) To push or work (ones self), as into favor; to introduce by slow, gentle, or artful means; to ingratiate; -- used reflexively.
- (v. i.) To creep, wind, or flow in; to enter gently, slowly, or imperceptibly, as into crevices.
• Insinuated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Insinuate