• Insulated Definition & Synonyms
- (p. a.) Standing by itself; not being contiguous to other bodies; separated; unconnected; isolated; as, an insulated house or column.
- (p. a.) Situated at so great a distance as to be beyond the effect of gravitation; -- said of stars supposed to be so far apart that the affect of their mutual attraction is insensible.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Insulate
- (p. a.) Separated from other bodies by means of nonconductors of heat or electricity.
• Insulate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To prevent the transfer o/ electricity or heat to or from (bodies) by the interposition of nonconductors.
- (v. t.) To make an island of.
- (v. t.) To place in a detached situation, or in a state having no communication with surrounding objects; to isolate; to separate.