• Intellectual Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Relating to the understanding; treating of the mind; as, intellectual philosophy, sometimes called "mental" philosophy.
- (a.) Belonging to, or performed by, the intellect; mental; as, intellectual powers, activities, etc.
- (n.) The intellect or understanding; mental powers or faculties.
- (a.) Endowed with intellect; having the power of understanding; having capacity for the higher forms of knowledge or thought; characterized by intelligence or mental capacity; as, an intellectual person.
- (a.) Suitable for exercising the intellect; formed by, and existing for, the intellect alone; perceived by the intellect; as, intellectual employments.
• Intellectualize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To treat in an intellectual manner; to discuss intellectually; to reduce to intellectual form; to express intellectually; to idealize.
- (v. t.) To endow with intellect; to bestow intellectual qualities upon; to cause to become intellectual.
• Intellectualism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The doctrine that knowledge is derived from pure reason.
- (n.) Intellectual power; intellectuality.