• Intervene Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A coming between; intervention; meeting.
- (v. t.) To come between.
- (v. i.) To come between, or to be between, persons or things; -- followed by between; as, the Mediterranean intervenes between Europe and Africa.
- (v. i.) In a suit to which one has not been made a party, to put forward a defense of ones interest in the subject matter.
- (v. i.) To occur, fall, or come between, points of time, or events; as, an instant intervened between the flash and the report; nothing intervened ( i. e., between the intention and the execution) to prevent the undertaking.
- (v. i.) To interpose; as, to intervene to settle a quarrel.
• Intervened Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Intervene
• Intervener Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who intervenes; especially (Law), a person who assumes a part in a suit between others.