• Invading Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Invade
• Invade Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To attack; to infringe; to encroach on; to violate; as, the king invaded the rights of the people.
- (v. t.) To grow or spread over; to affect injuriously and progressively; as, gangrene invades healthy tissue.
- (v. t.) To enter with hostile intentions; to enter with a view to conquest or plunder; to make an irruption into; to attack; as, the Romans invaded Great Britain.
- (v. i.) To make an invasion.
- (v. t.) To go into or upon; to pass within the confines of; to enter; -- used of forcible or rude ingress.