• Inviting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Invite
- (a.) Alluring; tempting; as, an inviting amusement or prospect.
• Invite Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To ask; to request; to bid; to summon; to ask to do some act, or go to some place; esp., to ask to an entertainment or visit; to request the company of; as, to invite to dinner, or a wedding, or an excursion.
- (v. t.) To allure; to draw to; to tempt to come; to induce by pleasure or hope; to attract.
- (v. t.) To give occasion for; as, to invite criticism.
- (v. i.) To give invitation.