• Knock Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A stroke, as on a door for admittance; a rap.
- (n.) A blow; a stroke with something hard or heavy; a jar.
- (v. i.) To strike or beat with something hard or heavy; to rap; as, to knock with a club; to knock on the door.
- (v. t.) To strike for admittance; to rap upon, as a door.
- (v. i.) To drive or be driven against something; to strike against something; to clash; as, one heavy body knocks against another.
- (v. t.) To strike with something hard or heavy; to move by striking; to drive (a thing) against something; as, to knock a ball with a bat; to knock the head against a post; to knock a lamp off the table.
- (v. i.) To practice evil speaking or fault-finding; to criticize habitually or captiously.
- (v. t.) To impress strongly or forcibly; to astonish; to move to admiration or applause.
• Knock-off Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Act or place of knocking off; that which knocks off;
- (a.) That knocks off; of or pertaining to knocking off.
- (n.) a cam or the like for disconnecting something, as a device in a knitting machine to remove loops from the needles.
• Knock-out Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) That knocks out; characterized by knocking out; as, a knock-out blow; a knock-out key for knocking out a drill from a collet.
- (n.) Act of knocking out, or state of being knocked out.