• Laureled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Crowned with laurel, or with a laurel wreath; laureate.
• Laurel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An English gold coin made in 1619, and so called because the kings head on it was crowned with laurel.
- (n.) An evergreen shrub, of the genus Laurus (L. nobilis), having aromatic leaves of a lanceolate shape, with clusters of small, yellowish white flowers in their axils; -- called also sweet bay.
- (n.) A crown of laurel; hence, honor; distinction; fame; -- especially in the plural; as, to win laurels.