• Leeching Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Leech
• Leech Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See 2d Leach.
- (n.) Any one of numerous genera and species of annulose worms, belonging to the order Hirudinea, or Bdelloidea, esp. those species used in medicine, as Hirudo medicinalis of Europe, and allied species.
- (n.) A physician or surgeon; a professor of the art of healing.
- (v. t.) To bleed by the use of leeches.
- (v. t.) See Leach, v. t.
- (n.) The border or edge at the side of a sail.
- (v. t.) To treat as a surgeon; to doctor; as, to leech wounds.
- (n.) A glass tube of peculiar construction, adapted for drawing blood from a scarified part by means of a vacuum.