• Lingua Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tongue.
- (n.) A median process of the labium, at the under side of the mouth in insects, and serving as a tongue.
• Linguadental Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An articulation pronounced by the aid or use of the tongue and teeth.
- (a.) Formed or uttered by the joint use of the tongue and teeth, or rather that part of the gum just above the front teeth; dentolingual, as the letters d and t.
• Lingua Franca Definition & Synonyms
- () The commercial language of the Levant, -- a mixture of the languages of the people of the region and of foreign traders.
- () Any hybrid or other language used over a wide area as a common or commercial tongue among peoples of different speech.