• Load Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To magnetize.
- (v. t.) To lay a load or burden on or in, as on a horse or in a cart; to charge with a load, as a gun; to furnish with a lading or cargo, as a ship; hence, to add weight to, so as to oppress or embarrass; to heap upon.
- (v.) That which burdens, oppresses, or grieves the mind or spirits; as, a load of care.
- (v.) Weight or violence of blows.
- (v.) The charge of a firearm; as, a load of powder.
- (v. t.) To adulterate or drug; as, to load wine.
- (v.) The work done by a steam engine or other prime mover when working.
- (v.) A particular measure for certain articles, being as much as may be carried at one time by the conveyance commonly used for the article measured; as, a load of wood; a load of hay; specifically, five quarters.
- (v.) A burden; that which is laid on or put in anything for conveyance; that which is borne or sustained; a weight; as, a heavy load.
- (v.) The quantity which can be carried or drawn in some specified way; the contents of a cart, barrow, or vessel; that which will constitute a cargo; lading.
• Loadmanage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Lodemanage
• Loading Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A load; cargo; burden.
- (n.) The act of putting a load on or into.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Load
• Loadstar Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Lodestar