• Loco Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A plant (Astragalus Hornii) growing in the Southwestern United States, which is said to poison horses and cattle, first making them insane. The name is also given vaguely to several other species of the same genus. Called also loco weed.
- (adv.) A direction in written or printed music to return to the proper pitch after having played an octave higher.
- (v. t.) To poison with loco; to affect with the loco disease; hence (Colloq.), to render insane or mad.
- (n.) A locomotive.
- (n.) Any one of various leguminous plants or weeds besides Astragalus, whose herbage is poisonous to cattle, as Spiesia Lambertii, syn. Oxytropis Lambertii.
• Locomotive Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A locomotive engine; a self-propelling wheel carriage, especially one which bears a steam boiler and one or more steam engines which communicate motion to the wheels and thus propel the carriage, -- used to convey goods or passengers, or to draw wagons, railroad cars, etc. See Illustration in Appendix.
- (a.) Used in producing motion; as, the locomotive organs of an animal.
- (a.) Moving from place to place; changing place, or able to change place; as, a locomotive animal.
• Locomotion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The power of moving from place to place, characteristic of the higher animals and some of the lower forms of plant life.
- (n.) The act of moving from place to place.